Why Corporate Wellness?
Whether you call it Workplace Wellness, Employee Wellness or Corporate Wellness, it’s here to stay and the more you embrace it, the more you and your company stand to gain from it. Wellness programming, when well executed has the potential to yield mutually beneficial results for both employees and employers alike.
These broad-reaching benefits can:
- Boost productivity and morale
- Save your organization money (decreasing healthcare costs)
- Improve employer brand
- Build loyalty among existing employees
- Make you an employer of choice, particularly among younger workers
- Create a culture of health and promote camaraderie between coworkers
For Their Health & Your Company’s Future.
The Kennedy Fitness Difference
Businesses of all sizes, all across our nation, are beginning to make Wellness Programming an integral part of their business model. While a few are still trying to get by without doing much more than providing a few on-line courses and subsidizing memberships to a nearby gym, many more are investing significant time and capital into creating a new culture of wellness among their staff, both within their offices and throughout their communities.
For some larger businesses this means creating a whole new wellness department, hiring trainers, dietitians, therapists and of course, managers for all the new staff. Then they must task their IT departments with creating an on-line class registration system, their advertising department with promoting the program internally, their attorneys with writing liability waivers and indemnification clauses, and their HR departments with obtaining and filing signed copies of these forms from all participating employees.
For so many other small and medium size businesses though, this level of time, energy, financial investment and risk is simply prohibitive. This is where we come in! At Kennedy Fitness, our caring and knowledgeable staff are uniquely prepared to implement a Wellness Program offering maximum benefit for your corporation and its employees without all the hassle of creating a similar program from scratch.
Our trainers and coaches are certified, insured and experienced. Our on-line class registration is already up and running. Our advertising techniques are already refined, yet readily adaptable to your specific business. And our liability waivers and indemnification clauses are rock solid and ready to go! We’ve already done all the heavy lifting for you.
So you can rest assured that everyone on your staff, from the highest ranking board members to the newest office assistant or blue collar custodian will be enjoying a well-polished program from day one!
Do You Have a POST Problem?
Research data suggests that prolonged occupational sitting time (POST) of four hours or more poses a significant health risk for desk-based employees regardless of age, race or gender. Currently desk-based employees spend an average of 80,000 hours sitting during the course of their careers.
Research findings suggest that negative workplace attributes like absenteeism and presenteeism may reduce employee
longevity…all stemming from long bouts of sedentary behavior!
Reducing POST by introducing regularly scheduled physical activity during the workday, such as the type of classes we offer, provides an innovative solution for improving employee health and productivity.
Repurpose Your Real Estate
Do you have wasted space somewhere in your building?
Over the years, we’ve found that most businesses have some degree of underutilized space within their offices.
Of course every business and every building is different, but more often than not, space can be found within your existing building that can be converted into an on-site Wellness Center.
And even if you don’t have the space to spare for a permanently dedicated gym with spin bikes and large scale resistance training equipment, chances are our staff can help you find a way to work with the space you do have to at least accommodate portable equipment such as yoga mats, light dumbbells, resistance bands or suspension training equipment that can be used before or after work, or even during lunch breaks, with a quick reorganizing of work space.
No matter the size of your company or the demographics of its workforce, your Wellness Program will be most likely to succeed when:
- You begin by surveying your employees
- The programming is tailored to your organization’s culture and needs
- It receives the full support of the CEO and management at all other levels
- It’s regularly evaluated…and given time to become ingrained in your workplace
- And when it follows our carefully designed, yet customizable, turn-key platform
Is As Easy As 1, 2, 3
- We survey your staff to assess their level of interest and willingness to participate. Then we provide you with a recommended class schedule, as well as service and billing options.
- You approve whichever scenario you believe best fits your company. We go to work advertising and implementing the program on your behalf. We provide you a monthly invoice for services rendered.
- We keep an open line of communication regarding participation rates and the preferences of your staff, working with you to ensure the success of your Wellness Program.